When you add new trucks to your company it can be a great time saver to simply copy the minimum/maximum quantities and locations from another truck. This article will show you how to do that.
- Backup your ESC database by going to File → Backup Your Data.
- Once that is completed go to File → Import/Export → Export Data to ASCII. Use this screen to export the InvQuan table to a location that you can find easily (such as C:\).
- Download and run the attached batch file on your server computer. The batch file will ask you which warehouse you want to clone. Enter in the full 4 digit warehouse number when prompted.
- After that is finished go to File → Import/Export → ASCII Import Utility and import the InvQuan table you just exported. Be sure to use the Only add new records option when doing this.
You may also wish to duplicate the quantities in stock for that particular warehouse. This can be done using the Adjust Inventory screen.
- Go to Inventory → Adjust Inventory.
- Select the Date and Credit Account for this adjustment (if you are integrated with any accounting program, your Inventory Asset account will automatically be the Debit Account).
- Go to Activities → Fill list of warehouse parts.
- Select the warehouse whose quantities you want to duplicate in the new warehouse.
- Click OK.
- You will now see a list of parts and their quantities from the original warehouse. Change the warehouse on the left to the new warehouse for all line items.
- Click Save.
You can see all current quantities by using the Warehouse Detail Report in Inventory → Reports.