Description of Error:
Typically after upgrading ESC, a user may find that when they attempt to add a new location to an existing customer, the following error is returned:
Could not save customer: Error saving Customer Record Locations.
Error: Location number '00000' is invalid
Cause of Error:
This issue was caused by a bug in ESC Version 10 that has been corrected.
To correct the problem, ensure that you are running the latest version of ESC (this problem was caused in Version 10 and earlier, but can still affect newer versions of ESC). To fix the issue for the specific customer, do the following:
- Bring up the customer in the Enter Customers screen and select the 00000 location in the location tab. Now press the DELETE LOCATION button. If there are no invoices or dispatches saved to this location, you will be able to delete it which will allow the creation of additional new locations.
- If you are unable to delete this location or do not want to because you have information associated to it that you want to keep, then you can merge the 00000 location to a new location number under the same customer. To do this:
- Go to Enter Customers → Activities → Merge Customer/Location.
- In the top part of the utility, select the customer and location 00000.
- In the lower part of the utility, select the same customer number but in the location box select "Add New" and click OK. This will transfer all information to the new location and will now allow the creation of additional new locations.