Before a user can sign into ESC Mobile on their iOS or Android devices, or on the ESC Mobile Laptop client, they will need to be provided the correct permissions. Each user is tied to a technician in ESC, so that ESC knows which dispatches to provide to that user.
Before a user can be assigned mobile permissions in ESC, they must first be setup as a technician. If the user you wish to add is already a technician, you may skip these steps.
- Open the Dispatch menu and select Enter Technicians.
- Click the Add New button.
- Give this technician a First and Last name, as well as a Dispatch Name.
- At this point, you may enter as much or as little information as you wish to this technician's profile. Click OK when finished.
Setup Mobile Users
You will only be able to assign mobile permissions to as many users as you have mobile licenses for. Please note that the ADMIN user that came with your database cannot be used on a mobile device and therefore should never have mobile permissions.
- Head to the Company menu and select Setup Users.
- If the user does not already exist, click the Add New button.
Note: If you are connecting to your ESC database using Windows Authentication, you may be presented with a panel that requests your Windows User Name and Domain/Workgroup information; this information can be skipped by just hitting Next.
- Enter a Name and Password for the new user.
- In the Associate to Tech field, click the technician that is associated to this user.
- Click Next to access the Security Options screen.
- Scroll down in the list of Security Options until you find the following mobile options. Place a check mark next to only the permissions this user will need. Note: Selecting an option you are not licensed for will cause an error. Only select what this user will need.
- Login as a Mobile user - provides access to this user for the ESC Mobile Tech and ESC Mobile Manager apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Login as a Laptop user - provides access to this user for the ESC Mobile Laptop Client for Windows.
- Enable Mobile Management - provides access to this user for the ESC Mobile Manager app. This user will also need the "Login as a Mobile user" permission selected.
Enable Maps - provides this user with the ability to view dispatches in Google Maps within the ESC Mobile Manager app.
- Allow user to edit contacts - allows the user to edit names, phone numbers and email addresses within a customer record.
- Allow user to attach documents - allows the user to take and attach images to dispatches within ESC Mobile.
- Allow user to open documents - allows the user to view documents attached to the customer's record.
- Allow user to create dispatches - allows the user to create new dispatches for customers in ESC Mobile.
- Allow user to create customers - allows the user to create new customers in ESC Mobile.
- Allow user to edit status times - allows the user to set a different time when changing their status.
- Allow user to view dispatch history - allows the user to view prior dispatches for a customer.
- Allow user to view invoice history - allows the user to view prior invoices for a customer.
- Allow user to view quote history - allows the user to view prior quotes for a customer.
- Allow user to view credit memo history - allows the user to view prior credits for a customer.
- Allow user to view history entries - allows the user to view all history entries on a customer's record.
Show prices - allows the user to see item prices and totals when creating or viewing quotes and invoices in ESC Mobile Tech.
Please sign in to leave a comment.