Any payments or credits that were made through the Payments screen or the Prepayments screen can be removed from ESC by going to the Cancel Payments/Credits screen under the Receivables menu.
Note: If you are integrated with a third-party accounting system, you will not have access to this screen. Instead, a payment made on an invoice in ESC should be removed from through the Sales Invoicing screen. Payments made in your accounting system should be removed from there.
- Head to Receivables → Cancel Payments/Credits.
- Select your customer by either typing their name into the Customer field or by clicking the down arrow to open the Customer Search screen.
- Any payment entered for this customer will be displayed under the Checks section, whereas credits will show under the Credit column.
- Select the payment or credit you wish to cancel and then click the Cancel Selected button below the column.
- Click Exit when you are done.
If the payment was made directly on an invoice, it will not show in the Cancel Payments/Credits screen. Instead, you'll need to remove the payment from the invoice itself.
- Recall the invoice the Sales Invoicing screen.
- Click the Tender button on the toolbar.
- In the Tender screen, click the Remove Payment button.
- Click Save.
Warning - Canceling payments made by a customer is not the same as issuing a credit or a refund. Refunds should be handled with a credit memo so that you will have full records of all involved transactions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.