Sales Sort Codes allow you to track the effectiveness of your advertising campaigns. Codes are associated with customers or dispatches and eventually flow to the invoicing screen where the amount of the invoice is actually associated with the code. This allows you to see how much revenue was generated by any sales sort code for any period of time.
It is important to understand the difference between Sales Sort Codes and Sort Codes when entering them into the Enter Customers screen:
- Sort Codes are used to select customers for printing Customer reports through Report Generation.
- Sales Sort Codes are used to print the Sales Sort Code Analysis Report. This report shows the total revenue generated by sort code for any given period of time. This allows you to see how effective your advertising is at generating revenue.
Creating Sales Sort Codes
- Go to Sales → Enter Sales Sort Codes.
- Click the Add New button.
- Assign it a Code and a meaningful Description.
- Click Save.
The Sales Sort Code screen will also allow you to Delete any code that has not been used, or edit codes that already exist.
Using Sales Sort Codes
When creating a new customer - or a dispatch for a customer - you will have the opportunity to fill in the Sales Sort Code field. When an invoice is created for that customer or dispatch, the Sales Sort Code will then appear on the invoice.
Note: If the dispatch has a different Sales Sort Code than the customer's primary record, the invoice will use the Sales Sort Code from the dispatch.
When you want to view a report of your earnings by each code, you'll head to Sales → Reports → Sales Reports → Sales Sort Code Analysis. Enter your report criteria into the Filter screen for this report and then click the Preview button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.