Description of Error:
The following error occurs when attempting to log into your database or may occur while trying to access the Electronic Dispatch Board:
The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.
Cause of Error:
This issue is caused when the Regional Settings of the Windows system on which Electronic Service Control is installed are not set to the United States format. Electronic Service Control is heavily reliant on the Date/Time settings of the machine. If the Date/Time format of the operating system is anything other than the MM/DD/YYYY format, then Electronic Service Control will not be able to function properly.
- Locate these settings by going to your Windows Control Panel and clicking on Region.
- On the Formats tab, make sure that the Format is set to "English (United States)".
- Switch to the Administrative tab in the same screen.
- Under the option for "Language for non-Unicode programs", click the Change System Locale button. Make sure that the Current System Locale option is set to "English (United States)". Click OK.
- Another option you should have on the Administrative tab is "Welcome screen and new user accounts", click the Copy Settings button here to ensure that all new users on this machine are given the same settings.
- In the window that appears, make sure to place a check mark next to "Welcome screen and system accounts" and "New user accounts". Click OK.
- Click OK on the Region settings box.
- Reboot this computer.
Note: These steps will need to be performed on any machine on which Electronic Service Control is installed.