From time to time you will need to manually refresh the ESC Connections Server. This article explains how to easily reset this component.
The ESC Connections Server is responsible for connecting your ESC Connections Server with various third-party applications and services (such as Fleetmatics, POP3 & SMTP email servers, American Home Shield, etc.). The ESC Connections Server is also responsible for verifying your identity with our licensing servers, so you get everything ESC has to offer.
Here's how you can accomplish this:
- The ESC Connections Server is generally installed on the server computer. You'll be able to find it in the Windows System Tray (next to your Windows clock). The icon itself may be hidden in the overflow box, accessible by clicking the arrow next to your System Tray.
- Right-click on the ESC Connections Server Administrator icon and select Setup.
- Expand the Settings section by clicking on the down arrow.
- Under your Database connection settings, click the Apply button. It will not be necessary to make any changes. Clicking the Apply button will cause the ESC Connections Server service to pull the latest information from your license and from our servers and then restart the Windows service. This may take a few seconds.
- Once the refresh process is complete, click the Close button. The ESC Connections Server Administrator will return to the Windows System Tray.
If you continue to experience issues after you have refreshed the ESC Connections Server, please contact our Support Team for assistance from on of our top rate technicians.