This article will show you how to copy a list of inventory items from one ESC company to another. It is not possible to copy inventory quantities from one company to another.
- Open ESC and logon to your existing company using the ADMIN account (or another account with good privileges).
- Go to File → Import \ Export → Export Data to ASCII.
- Export the following tables: InvCat, Inven, InvSCat. Make sure you note the name and location of the exported data.
- In ESC, logon to your new company using the ADMIN account.
- Backup your data by going to File → Backup Your Data.
- Once the backup is complete, select File → Import \ Export → ASCII Import Utility.
- Click Add New.
- Select InvCat from the list of available tables and click Next.
- Browse to the InvCat.txt file you created in step 3 and select it. Click Next.
- On the resulting screen, all the fields should already be matched. Make no changes and click Next to proceed.
- On the next screen, click Save. This should return you to the screen you first saw in step 5.
- Select InvCat.DWZ in the list of Available Interfaces. Click the Begin Importing Data button.
- Repeat steps 7 – 12 with the InvSCat and Inven tables. Be sure to select the corresponding files when going through the steps (don’t use the InvCat file again).