Description of Error:
The following error may appear when posting invoices or other transaction to QuickBooks or Sage 50:
Unable to find AR account ID in Chart of Accounts
Cause of Error:
Within the Company → System Setup → System Accounts in ESC, the Accounts Receivable account number reference is blank.
Since the AR account has been removed, ESC is unable to reference invoices to a valid Accounts Receivable account on sales invoices.
To correct the problem:
- Have all other users exit out of ESC.
- In ESC, go to Company → System Setup → System Accounts.
- Click the drop down for Accounts Receivable and choose the valid AR account.
- Click SAVE and exit of the system setup screen.
- Close out of ESC entirely to allow the changes to take effect.
- Log back into ESC and you should now be able to post invoices.
This error is flagged when posting to third party programs like QuickBooks or Sage 50. However, as the AR account is a mandatory account in system setup, other errors may occur when using ESC as a standalone product.