In order to make estimated labor costs appear on job reports you have to setup your Labor billing codes properly. This procedure requires you to modify your Labor billing codes to include a cost account and amount.
- Go to Sales → Enter Billing Codes.
- Recall any of your Labor or Helper type billing codes. If you are unsure which codes are Labor or Helper codes, click Print or Preview and view the report. Labor types will be listed with a L and Helper types will be listed with a H.
- Set the Cost Debit account to be some sort of Cost of Sales account. Note that the Cost Credit will be automatically changed to show the same account.
- Set the Base Cost to be the amount you want to show on your Job reports and save the billing code.
- Repeat with your remaining Labor or Helper type billing codes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.