Fleetmatics Reveal (formerly known as SageQuest) is a vehicle mounted GPS tracking system. When integrated with ESC, the exact locations of each truck will be updated on the map displayed on the Electronic Dispatch Board. This allows intelligent routing to minimize travel time and maximize billable time.
In addition to being able to see all of this information in ESC, you can also see all the dispatches directly on the Reveal maps. The Reveal Travel and Stops report will even show the exact dispatch the tech was working on when stopped.
Before implementing the Reveal GPS integration you must make sure you have an integration license for ESC and have the ESC Connections Server installed.
To find out if you are licensed for Fleetmatics integration, open ESC and head to Help → About. Look for the In Truck GPS option at the bottom of the screen. If it says "Licensed" next to it, you are good to go. If it does not say "Licensed" then you will need to contact our Sales department at 1-800-226-7529 for a new license.
If, for any reason, you do not have the ESC Connections Server installed on the server computer, you will need to get that installed first. Look for your version of ESC under the Downloads section and install it from the Initial Server Install option.
Configure the ESC Connections Server
Before it is possible to use the Reveal GPS integration it is necessary to configure the ESC Connections Server.
- On the server computer (or the computer where the ESC Connections Server is installed), click Start → All Programs → Electronic Service Control → ESC Connections Server Setup. This should cause the following icon to appear in your system tray.
- Right-click the icon and select Setup.
- Expand the Settings section.
- Click the In-Truck GPS tab.
- Enter the User Name and Password supplied to you by Fleetmatics.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close.
Configure Fleetmatics Drivers and Vehicles
- Log into your Fleetmatics account.
- Click on your profile image at the top to display a menu. Select Admin from that menu. There may also be an Admin option on the toolbar above your Live Map that you can select.
- From the Admin screen, click on Driver List if you already have your drivers setup in Reveal. Click on Create a New Driver if you are adding them for the first time.
- Switch to Electronic Service Control and open the Enter Technicians screen from the Dispatch menu. This will show you a list of Technicians entered into ESC and will also show the 4-digit Technician ID for each technician.
- Back in Fleetmatics, enter the 4-digit Technician ID from ESC as the Driver Number for the driver that corresponds with that ESC Technician. This is how ESC knows which Fleetmatics Drivers match which ESC Technicians. If you are entering a new driver, complete the rest of that Driver's information before clicking Save.
Note: The Driver Number must be the exact same 4-digits, including preceding zeros.
- Once all Driver's have been matched to ESC Technicians, the same must be done for the Vehicles. To do this, head back to the Admin screen and select Vehicle List.
- Edit each Vehicle individually to assign that same 4-digit Technician ID you used earlier to the Vehicle that Technician/Driver will be driving.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Fleetmatics GPS integration with ESC. As new dispatches are assigned to your technicians, the work orders they correspond to will be created and displayed in Fleetmatics' Live Map. If you are using Google Maps in ESC's Electronic Dispatch Board, you should also see vehicles appear on the GPS view of the map.