The ESC Accounting Server acts as a bridge between ESC and Sage 50. It connects directly to your Sage 50 database and waits for requests from ESC. Whenever an ESC workstation needs information from Sage 50, the request is sent to the ESC Accounting Server, which communicates with Sage 50 and sends the response back to ESC. This allows you to install ESC on any computer in the office, regardless of whether Sage 50 is installed on it or not.
Install the ESC Accounting Server
- Close any open programs, including ESC.
- Click the button below to download the installation package - ESC Accounting Server Install.exe.
- When the download is complete, start the installation by double-clicking the downloaded file.
- Accept all the defaults as you go through the wizard. You do not need to do anything during the course of the wizard other than click the Next button.
- Click Close when the installer is finished.
Connect the ESC Accounting Server
The first step in the Accounting Integration process is to connect the ESC Accounting Server to your Sage 50 database. Here's how to begin:
- Open Sage 50 and sign in as the ESC user you previously created.
- Open the ESC Accounting Server.
- Select Sage 50 in the Accounting Package field.
- Now click the Retrieve button.
- Sage 50 will produce a window that says "Do you want to allow Coastal Computer Corporation to run with your Sage 50 Software?" Be sure to check the "Remember this setting." box at the bottom and then click the Yes button. At this point, your Sage 50 database name should appear in the box to the right of the Retrieve button.
Now you may notice some additional settings below your database name:
- Automatically connect when server is started - when this option is checked, the ESC Accounting Server will automatically log into your Sage 50 database when it opens.
- Timer - when the Enabled button is checked, the two time fields below become active. These allow you to set what time you want the Accounting Server to pause itself and what time you want it to resume the connection. If you have automatic backups of your Sage 50 database set to run at a particular time of the day, you can set the ESC Accounting Server to pause at that time to allow the backups to run. It will then reconnect itself at the time you specify.
Once you have completed the ESC Accounting Server setup, click the Connect button on the top half of the screen; this will look like a 'play' button. The Status should change to "Connected".