QuickBooks Desktop Connection Issues
Our team is aware of an issue with the QuickBooks connector identified the week of 8/21/23. Our Product and Development teams are working to resolve this issue. This issue is only occurring for those using QuickBooks Desktop with FieldEdge or ESC.
If you are currently experiencing an issue with the connector, we wanted to provide you with a comprehensive overview of the functionalities and capabilities available to you when using ESC while the connector is not currently linked to QuickBooks.
Still Available within ESC:
- All tasks related to dispatching
- Full access to dispatching features
- Complete access to agreement features, excluding Agreement Reserves
- You can create work orders, purchase orders, expenses, payments, quotes, and invoices. However, these won't be posted to QuickBooks.
- Utilization of communication templates, including sending invoices and quotes
- Active usage of all reports
- Creation of jobs is possible; however, they will not be posted to QuickBooks
The following adjustments or additions made in ESC will not be synced to QuickBooks:
- Chart of Accounts
- Sales Tax Groups (through the wizard)
- Customer Balance
This can help with slowness with the integration of QuickBooks. In Company System Setup Under Receivables Check the box that says Manually retrieve customer balances.
We hope this information helps you understand the current capabilities and limitations while the connector is not currently linked to QuickBooks. Our team is actively investigating, and we will continue to provide updates via email and/or in-app messaging as we work toward a resolution.